Wilson Bradley Career Company
As with most people, students have a perception of what it means to work in a particular field. This perception is often shaped by television, peers, and well-intentioned parents. Unfortunately, it is rarely based on first hand information and experience.
- It is estimated that 50% of U.S. college students are unsure about their career path (Dybwad, 2008).
- 62% of college graduates who enroll in community college are seeking a career change (Kerka, 2003).
Motivators for the career change included unhappiness with the original decision or dissatisfaction with its effect on other areas of life (Kerka, 2003).
TOUR OF MAJORS
What is it?
· Tour of Majors is a 4-week career exploration camp for high school and college students.
How does it help?
· Allows students to experience their field/s of interest first hand by working in various locations.
· Wilson Bradley’s mandatory orientation:
o Identifies the many ways our career choices can impact our lives.
o Encourages students to consider all aspects of a career and weigh them in accordance to their life goals.